Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hopeful start to a new beginning...

And so it was on the first day of the Lunar New Year... I felt the strong urge to conduct a pregnancy test as I've felt what I thought were 'implantation cramps' for 3 days in a row. Subsequently, for a few days, I felt cute little pinching sensations which were a little painful.

Having experienced a missed m/c in August last year, I was eagerly looking forward to receiving positive results, though apprehensive. 9 months or 40 weeks is a long long time... I lost Sesame Seed at 8.5 weeks, only to discover it when I was 10 weeks.

We ended the first day of visiting really late, and da hubbz resorted to bringing me to petrol kiosks in hope of buying test kits. To our disappointment, we couldn't find any. He drove by the 24-hr convenience shop in Bishan, and alas! They didn't have it as well... However, I remembered seeing a couple in my FIL's place, in the toilet, which belongs to my SIL. When we reached home, I dug them out to see that they have expired in July 2010. Thinking that it was only 5 months ago, I used it anyway!

And results? POSITIVE... However, I cautioned da hubbz... saying that this pregnancy stick has expired! But we were both quietly happy and joyful.

Two days later, we grabbed a pregnancy test kit from Guardian Pharmacy, and we tested positive again! Joy! I've always wanted a baby Rabbit! I hope I get mine this time around!

I've been cautiously keeping quiet about it... I am hoping to only visit my gynae after week 8, and to announce it to my parents then.

I've decided: I'm going to start a journal on my thoughts, my reads, my feels and my emotions. I'm keeping faith as a humble servant that this time will be different.

I'm keeping strength in God, as I did the last time - He alone knows His plans for us. He alone has His reasons for allowing the course of nature to occur. I'll keep my faith in prayers, and in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment