Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting very real...

And Mommy has been a bum... a LAZZZZZEEEE bum... Which will explain why this is gonna be a long long long long post...

I haven't been updating the blog due to various reasons... I've been busy at work, visiting friends who have recently given birth in the last month, and most importantly, SHOPPING alot in preparation for Baby's arrival...

Baby's now 26 weeks!

According to babycentre.com, Baby should be about 35.6 cm and weighing about 760gm. Last visit to Dr. Paul, he said that Baby's about slightly more than 800gm. So pretty average I guess...

But since the last update, I've been for my 20th week scan and my 24th week check up. During the 20th week scan, Baby was deemed to be a tall baby because the length of his femur was at the extreme end of the spectrum. Other than that, it was really exciting checking out in detail, every part of Baby. Including his toes, fingers, hands, legs, heart etc... Thank the Lord that the 20th week scan went well...

During the 24th week check-up, Dr. Paul also gave green light, saying that Baby's of a good size... and everything seems to be going well...

Mommy's just praying hard everyday Baby will be healthy and fine, and everything will go smoothly for both of us.

I've been trying my best in giving Baby his babyplus lessons everynight... talking to him, massaging him through my tum tum and letting him listen to some classical music (Baby Einstein) at times! Daddy's been doing his part too! Downloading the music for Baby, massaging both Mommy and Baby almost every night... The only thing now is trying to get him used to talking to Baby through my tummy and interacting by playing and touching him...

It's been pretty exciting for me... I feel Baby moving around, punching and kicking, and even rolling around in my tum tum through out the day now... and it's getting so real! A part of me worries, but I suppose it's the nature of all mommies... to worry for the health and safety of their little one... But I try to feel happy and to enjoy these moments as much as I can as well...

Other than Baby's healthy growth and movements, I've also been very excitedly shopping with Daddy for Baby's stuff, given that it was the Great Singapore Sale period!! No doubt that we both agreed that it's definitely an expensive affair, the shopping and preparing for things for Baby's arrival definitely gives us some bonding time, and not to mention that all the cutesy stuff we see around us bring smiles to our faces all the time. Many a time, while we know that we need to buy things that are practical, we can't help but indulge in buying things that are cute! Rob even browses at Mothercare on his own when he's waiting for me and that is just so adorable!!

Our most expensive purchase yet... Baby's Cot for Grandparent's place!

Highly recc. sleepsuits & onesies from Mothercare, together with cap and booties!
New born clothes with friendly buttons and ribbons for ease of changing in & out...
Button creepers from Cotton on Baby!
Cute (and cheap onesies) from Fox Baby!
And irresistible tiny cute socks with matching colors from Fox Baby!
Cute matching towels, blankets and hankies for Baby!
Nicely designed multi-purpose Muslin Cloth for swaddling, as blankets, bips, burp clothes... you name it!

Other essentials that Baby will need to use...
Pregnancy support pillow that Mommy can use, and later on, Baby!

The latest purchase that Daddy cannot resist buying from Zara Baby (and cuz it was on sale too!)

And, instead of spending $40, $50, $60 or even $70 for what I think are really useful Diaper Caddies... Like these...

I've decided to settle for a MUCH cheaper version, albeit that it doesn't look anything as yummylicious - These are from Diaso for only $2!!!!


So you can see how excited we are about the shopping and the preparation. You can be sure while I keep telling Rob "We've got enough clothes for Baby!", you can bet that there'll be more stuff to come.

In fact, we're waiting for a couple of deliveries that will come through the post... But we shall save that for another post! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment